WIOA Eligible Training Providers
WIOA Eligible Training Providers List
To review the list of Council-approved WIOA Eligible Training Providers and their programs, visit the Virginia Workforce Connection.
You may select a WIOA Eligible Training Provider that has been approved by another local workforce development board. Please note, the Alexandria/Arlington Regional Workforce Council does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any services available or unavailable from, or through, any of the Eligible Training Providers listed on Virginia Workforce Connection. Should you have questions, contact David Remick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply to be Included on the WIOA Eligible Training Providers List
There are five categories of providers who may apply for consideration to be included on the WIOA Eligible Training Provider List:
- A postsecondary educational institution that is eligible to receive federal funds under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and that provides a program that leads to certification or license or college certificate, associate degree, or baccalaureate degree.
- A postsecondary school that offers formal instructional programs with curricula designed primarily for students who have completed the requirements for a high school diploma or its equivalent. Such schools include programs of academic-vocational, vocational, and continuing professional education that may lead to a certification or licensure. This category excludes a vocational and adult basic education programs.
- An entity that carries out related instruction under the National Apprenticeship Act that is recognized by the Virginia Department of Labor and Industry,
- A provider of a program of occupational training services that under Section 23-276.2 of the Code of Virginia is exempt from certification as a postsecondary school such as a professional or occupational training program regulated by another state or federal governmental agency other than the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia, any school, institute, or course of instruction offered by any trade association or any nonprofit affiliation of a trade association on subjects related to the trade, business, or profession represented by such association, or
- A provider of adult education and literacy activities under title II of WIOA, if these activities are provided in combination with occupational skills training.
Programs and Providers under categories 1 and 2 must provide evidence of active certification by the appropriate state agency to operate or must have program approval from an applicable state agency in order to be considered for approval by the Alexandria/Arlington Regional Workforce Council to offer training services to WIOA customers through the individual training account method.
Programs and providers under category 3 will be granted approval, if requested, following confirmation by the Virginia Department of Labor and Industry that the sponsoring employer and apprenticeship related instruction have been recognized by the state and are active and in good standing.
Programs and Providers under category 4 who are exempt from State Council of Higher Education for Virginia certification must provide evidence of active certification by an appropriate accreditation body in order to be considered for approval by the Alexandria/Arlington Regional Workforce Council to offer training services to WIOA customers through the individual training account method.
More information on provider requirements can be found here: VWL-16-06-Change-1-ETPL-7-13-2017Final(PDF, 494KB).
Training providers applying for inclusion on the WIOA Eligible Training Providers List must complete both of the following applications:
- Training Provider Application(PDF, 271KB): Fill out this application form to tell us about your organization. This form needs to be completely filled out.
- Program Application(PDF, 139KB): Fill out a separate application form for each training program or occupational skills course of study that you would like included in the WIOA Eligible Training Providers List. This form needs to be completely filled out.
- ADA Compliance Checklist(DOCX, 213KB): This form should be completed when filing for initial or renewal status with the Alexandria/Arlington Regional Workforce Council.
- Certificate of Insurance: Prior to approving payment for services rendered a Certificate of Insurance must be provided and show the following coverage and endorsements:
- Workers’ Compensation: Statutory limits of Virginia Workers Compensation – Virginia statutory workers compensation (W/C) coverage, including Virginia benefits and employer’s liability with limits of $100,000/100,000/500,000. The County will not accept W/C coverage issued by the Injured Worker’s Insurance Fund, Towson, MD.
- Commercial General Liability: $1,000,000 CSL BI/PD each occurrence, $2 Million annual aggregate.
- Carrier Rating shall be Best’s Rating of A-VII or better or its equivalent.
- Notice of Cancellation, non-renewal or material change in coverage shall be provided to Arlington County at least thirty (30) days prior to action.
- Arlington County shall be named Additional Insured on all policies except Workers Compensation and Auto. Certificate Holder section of policy should include “The County Board of Arlington County, VA, c/o The Purchasing Agent, 2100 Clarendon Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22201.”
- Note in comments section to read “Additional Insured: Arlington County is named as an additional insured on all coverages with the exception of Workers Compensation, Professional Liability, and Automobile Liability.”
- Certificate of Insurance shall show Contract Number and Contract Title.
Completed applications and questions can be submitted to David Remick email@example.com.